Yesterday, I wrote a blog about maxi dresses. And when I told Christy about it, including the suggestion that she write a post in comparison, she suggested this: The Blog Challenge. Maxi dresses are one of very few things that she and I disagree on fashion-wise (actually, nothing else even comes to mind at the moment), so she thought it would be fun if each of us wrote a blog from the other’s point of view on this controversial piece of clothing. I told her I wasn’t sure if I could, and after some hesitation, she said she wasn’t sure she could see my side either.
But we’re giving it a go anyway. So Christy, this one is for you and your maxi dresses!
Reasons maxi dresses are a great item of clothing:
1. They are boho.
I suppose the right maxi dress could go so far as to be boho chic. I’m not familiar with the particulars, although that is the name of Christy’s blog, so sure, we’ll call them boho chic. Nothing says boho like a nice long skirt. I don’t know why that is…but hey, why not?
2. They protect against sunburn.
No sunscreen? No problem! Just cover your legs with a nice long maxi dress and you’re good to go.
3. Speaking of covering your legs…
Forgot to shave but still want to wear a skirt? Solution: maxi dress.
4. They are trendy.
Not to say that you should wear a maxi dress (or any other item of clothing) just because it’s “trendy”, but incorporating trends into your wardrobe, in a way that works for you, keeps your look current.
Okay, I give. I can’t think of anything else. Christy shouldn’t have nearly this much trouble coming up with reasons maxi dresses are no good ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment